Canoe or kayak down the St. Croix River to the Osceola Landing! When you arrive in Osceola, we’ll shuttle you back to your vehicle in Taylors Falls.
One-Way Trip to William O'Brien
Interstate State Park to William O'Brien State Park with Return Shuttle
Interstate State Park to William O’Brien State Park with Return Shuttle
- WOB Single Kayak Rental 1 Paddle & 1 Life Jacket
- WOB Double Kayak Rental 2 Paddle & 2 Life Jacket
- WOB Canoe Rental 2 Paddle & 2 Life Jacket
Paddle Downriver to William O’Brien State Park!
**Due to construction at WOB State Park, we will be unable to offer this trip in 2024.
The St. Croix River is one of the cleanest and healthiest river systems in the United States! Enjoy a one-way canoe or kayak trip that begins in Taylors Falls, inside the Minnesota Interstate State Park (MN State Park sticker required).
From Taylors Falls, you will then paddle down the St. Croix River to William O’Brien State Park. When you arrive in WOB we will then shuttle you back to your vehicle in Taylors Falls. Click here to when you need to start your trip by and our return shuttle schedule.
This fun paddle trip is 17 miles long and approximately 5-7 hours of paddling time – recommended for advanced paddlers. You can spend all day on the river. Please give yourself plenty of time to arrive for the scheduled shuttle pickup times.
When you arrive at William O’Brien State Park, please pull your canoe/kayak up on the beach, so it doesn’t float away.
If you have your own equipment and need a Shuttle Only – CLICK HERE
- Garbage bags The National Park Service has a “Pack it in, Pack it out” policy. Help keep your rivers clean.
- Floatation devices/water bag for cell phones and car keys
- Sunscreen even on cloudy days
- Sunglasses with a strap, you don’t want to lose your glasses in the river.
- Hat or cap
- Water shoes, old tennis shoes, or sandals with straps on the heels. Bare feet or loose sandals are not recommended. You will get in the water to push off if you rent a double kayak.
- Mosquito/tick repellant
- Fishing license (MN or WI acceptable)
- Food, snacks, water – No glass bottles
- Beach towel
- Seat cushion or extra towel to sit on