Canoe or kayak down the St. Croix River to the Osceola Landing! When you arrive in Osceola, we’ll shuttle you back to your vehicle in Taylors Falls.
William O’Brien Express Bus
Enjoy a River Trip on the William O’Brien Express Bus
How It Works: Park your vehicle at your destination, William O’Brien State Park, and ride one of our scheduled express buses to Minnesota Interstate Park, where you will get in your canoe/kayak and paddle back down to your vehicle: Saturdays, Sundays & holidays ONLY. Reservations REQUIRED.
Please Note: This trip is 17 miles and is recommended for advanced paddlers and takes 5-7 hours to complete in the normal wind and water conditions. Your rental equipment must be back no later than the last equipment pick-up time. Please inquire at the base before departing for your trip.
$49.99 Single Kayak 1 Paddle & 1 Life Jacket*
$59.99 Double Kayak 2 Paddles & 2 Life Jackets*
$59.99 Canoe 2 Paddles & 2 Life Jackets*
$20 Shuttle Only-NO equipment – people only
- Garbage bags The National Park Service has a “Pack it in, Pack it out” policy. Help keep your rivers clean.
- Floatation devices/water bag for cell phones and car keys
- Sunscreen even on cloudy days
- Sunglasses with a strap, you don’t want to lose your glasses in the river.
- Hat or cap
- Water shoes, old tennis shoes, or sandals with straps on the heels. Bare feet or loose sandals are not recommended. You will get in the water to push off if you rent a double kayak.
- Mosquito/tick repellant
- Fishing license (MN or WI acceptable)
- Food, snacks, water – No glass bottles
- Beach towel
- Seat cushion or extra towel to sit on